Friday, January 13, 2012

Have we become a nation that 'rewards' bad behaviour yet seems to penalise hard working decent people?

If you are excluded from school, you are enticed back with incentives like scuba diving lessons and other attractive and exciting things. Yet kids who work hard and behave get nothing. The same with help and istance, if you are an ex-offender, drug addict or other anti-social person, you can get istance and financial support to get qualifiactions or start a business, but someone who has 'conformed' to social standards gets nothing and has to struggle on their own. where is the incentive to be an honest, hard working model of society? It seems to me that in this country you get on in life if you don't behave and conform to social norms? You may be forgiven for thinking that I have had this happen to me, but I haven't. I have however, worked in the arenas of economic development and urban regeneration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment